You’re throwing a party — for you! Tell us all about the food, drink, events, and party favours [note British spelling – how cute!] you’ll have for your event of a lifetime. Use any theme you like — it’s *your* party!
Birds wake me up as the sun comes streaming through my window. But instead of feeling like Cinderella, their screeching jars me from my peaceful sleep to remember all I have to do before tonight. 0650, T-minus 12 hours before this shindig is launched!
My first thought is that I should have hired that party planner, for a small party like this it really wasn’t that expensive, and not to mention all the cooking I wouldn’t have to do. After putting the coffee pot on I check the to-do list on my white board:
- Mix sangria/Pimm’s and let macerate in fridge
- Dust/Vacuum/Febreze the crap out of everything
- Slice and arrange cheese/salami plate and leave in fridge
- Make melon/prosciutto wraps and leave in fridge
- Bake cupcakes and let cool
- Prep artichoke dip
- Prep stuffed mushrooms
- Set tables – cocktail, hors d’oeuvres, dessert
- Set up lanterns outside
- Shower and put on party dress
- Pop dip and mushrooms in oven
It’s going to be a long day, I wonder if I can fit a nap in there. All of this work better pay off, I didn’t by that $300 cocktail dress that makes me look four inches taller and 15 lbs skinner for nothing. Tonight I’m going to wow those potential in-laws and get that ring. Then I’ll definitely hire someone to plan the wedding.