It seems to be awards season again, and I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of [the] World Bloggers Award. From the cursory research I did into this, it’s focused on women (obviously) and the unique voice we share through our blogs. Now, I know a lot of people get a bit overwhelmed with the pressure of blog awards, so I am going to bend the rules a bit.
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site – of course I will do this!
- Put the award logo on your blog – I’ll do this too
- Answer the ten questions they have sent you – Ya, this is what this whole post is about.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer – We’ll see how creative I can be, probably not 10 new, fresh questions though.
- Nominate ten people – I’m leaving this open and inviting everyone to do this.
The Questions Shari (Thanks!!) prompted:
1. What is the first book you fell in love with?
This is really hard. I remember Harry Potter being the first book series that really got me interested in reading. But I think A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray was really when I started forging my own book niche and not just reading what everyone else was.
2. What is your favorite genre?
I tend to stick to the YA/NA most, and within that I am getting pulled deeper into the fantasyesque realms. I like to try and read a little bit of everything though, there are a couple non-fiction and classics that I have on my TBR list for this year.
3. Name five of your favorite books you read in 2014.
This is going to be really hard to narrow down, but here goes:
– The Diviners by Libba Bray (see, I told you she’s awesome)
– Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
– Crown of Midnight by Sara J. Maas
– The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
– All Our Yesterday’s by Cristin Terril
– And about 10 more!
4. Are you looking forward to a book scheduled to release in 2015? If so, which one?
Several, right now what I;m itching for most though is the 4th Throne of Glass book.
5. Who is your favorite author? Which book is your favorite?
I don’t think I have a favorite author, but of the books I have, besides HP, the most are by Bray.
6. Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If you are, which ones?
I’ve set myself a goal of 85 books with the Goodreads challenge. Last year my goal was 75 and I got to 80, so I’m pretty sure I can do it.
7. Have you ever read a book that everyone loved, but you couldn’t stand? What book was it?
The Divergent and Delirium series were both pretty *meh* for me, but seem to be hits with pretty much everyone else.
8. What is your favorite series?
I don’t think I can narrow this down to one, but right now it’s the Throne of Glass series.
9. Which book would you love to see made into a movie?
I think it would be really cool to see A Dark and Terrible Beauty on the screen (it’s keeps coming back to this).
10. Have you ever thought about writing a book? If you have, what would it be about?
I’m currently in the process of writing one, it’s kind of dystopia/treasure hunter ish, and it’s a long way off from being finished. I also have a historic fiction idea floating around in my head right now.